- Slowing down to 40km/h when bus lights are flashing
- Looking out for children crossing the road near bus stops, in school zones or along bus routes
- Giving way to buses when they merge back into traffic.
Parents and Carers:
- Always meet your child AT school or the bus stop. NEVER wait on the opposite side of the road and call them across.
- Always supervise your child and hold their hand when walking to and from the bus stop or interchange and when crossing the road until they are at least 10
- Wait until the bus has gone then use a safe place to cross the road
- Encourage your child to take a seat quickly when they get on the bus and to buckle up if the bus has seatbelts.
For more information visit: https://roadsafety.transport.nsw.gov.au/campaigns/be-bus-aware/bus-flashing-lights.html