Driver Authority

Want to drive a bus but don't have a bus driver authority? See our guide below.

To apply for a driver’s authority, you need the following:


Check your eligibility here

Medical Assessment

This is to be completed by your GP either online – NSW Fitness to Drive Medical Assessment – or by printing out and using this form.

Specialist Assessment

This is to be completed by the relevant specialist (e.g. cardiologist if you have heart conditions) either online – Specialist Medical Assessment – or by printing out and using this form.

Evidence of Training Certificate

A copy of your Evidence of Training Certificate. We recommend doing the Bus Driver Authority Course through Intertrain . Alternatively, a list of trainers who can administer the Bus Driver Authority Course can be found here.

National Police Check

A certified copy of your National Police Check, which can be completed here.

Proof of Identity

See Service NSW’s page here for details


Documents can be certified by any of the following:

    • accountant (member of a recognised professional accounting body or a Registered Tax Agent)
    • person listed on the roll of the Supreme Court of a State or Territory, or the High Court of Australia as a legal practitioner
    • barrister, solicitor or patent attorney
    • police officer
    • postal manager
    • principal of an Australian secondary college, high school or primary school
    • medical practitioner
    • Justice of the Peace (with a registration number in the State in which they are registered)
    • minister of religion (registered under Subdivision A of Division 1 of Part IV of the Marriage Act 1961)
  • Identification documents not in English must be officially translated.

Applying for your Driver’s Authority

Before you go to apply, you must have scanned PDF copies of all of your documentation ready to upload.

If you need further assistance, please contact our depot and one of our office staff can help.